FYI - Diagram of Pro Tools & Jaycen's Serial Processing and "Grouping" Feed/Chain

All over so many forums and boards and sub-reddits related to other DAWs and folks trying to use DAWs without the semi-automagic benefits of Pro Tools Master Fader to setup to do @Jaycen_Joshua processing - so, I ended up making this generic flow diagram of the routing:

It’s amazing the reach his approach has and the discussions and such that are happening on all the topics built into his “cheat codes”…

Dayz

8 Likes

Hey @Dayz_Kovach,

Thanks for taking the time to put together the routing.
One thing I don‘t get is how the audio tracks are being routed to C Drums but on the other hand are actually going to C Drums M?

Do you mind explaining that part a bit more?

Thank you!
Luca

1 Like

Hi Luca,

Pro Tools has a unique concept of:

“Master Fader” channel types

You can add Master Faders to Aux or Group type channels which then pickup in the signal flow and control the volume of that bus/aux.

If you don’t use Pro Tools you can do some creative routing and bus tricks in other DAWs to match it exact, tho having some plugins post fader doesn’t necessarily seem integral to the concept.

Best,

Dayz

1 Like

Thank you for this! Diagram is way more helpful than any DAW-specific template :blush:

So interesting to see how @Jaycen_Joshua uses “Master Fader” tracks for bus-specific gain staging and creating a cohesive sound before it gets passed off to detailed bus processing

Is there something similar like this in Reaper? Or is that just a completely different routing system. From what I’ve seen, reaper only has one type of track which you could use sends and receives on. On Pro Tools it’s completely different. I’ve been struggling to copy the template from pro tools to reaper.