NLS in serial or parallel

Hi Joshua, I’m unfamiliar with ProTools. Still, to me, it looks from the video like the NLS bus instances are on a separate channel which is then used as an effect to pass the whole content through - which would indicate a serial usage of it. Still, if I’m not mistaken you also mention parallel usage, so my question is: which is your method of choice?

1 Like

I use them in serial - i might have mentioned parallel because we’re working on a way to create a “mix” control. The challenge of this is the nonlinear nature of the plugins - the input and output phase do not match and can cause issues when blending the wet and dry signals

9 Likes

Oh great, thanks for the quick answer. Then I got it right. Because there have been also questions for your template in Ableton here, I wonder if you like me to share it here with you guys, since I already created it based on the information provided in the video.

1 Like

Could you maybe share a dropbox link of the template?

Sure, have fun.

6 Likes

Thank you so much man !!

1 Like

Thank you so much bro!

Hey Maciek! Thank you brother for the template. The only thing that doesn’t show up is the Trash 2 plugin which they discontinued making (izotope). I bought their trash plugin though and I would like to replicate your trash settings in it. Do you have a picture or something with the settings? Thank you so much!

sure, those are the 3 relevant bits. It’s a tweaked version of the preset nasty boy tweaked by Andrew Scheps, which brings a really cool texture to the drums. But the plug is really nasty, it is the only one that constantly loses connection to Ableton so I’ll replace it with something new as well.