Outsourcing help in mixing + speakers

Hey Jaycen! Appreciate you taking time to answer our questions! Luv your work!

I’m in the process of making my first (rnb) album and I want to release it myself. I have a good feeling about it, but since I will be doing most of the producing, songwriting, singing etc. on the album myself I def. need professional help with mixing and mastering since my only equipment due to my current economic situation is a pair of Sennheiser HD 660S headphones.

So my questions are, what speakers would you recommend me to get (around 1,000€) and who would you contact in regards of mixing and mastering? Someone who does both mixing and mastering? And do you think someone from Fiverr could pull off a good job or do you have a better idea how I should go about?

Kind regards
Andy

For $1000 I would NOT buy speakers I would save a little more and look into buying some Sennheiser HD 820 headphones instead. As to Mixing and Mastering. Try my former assistant and now my head engineer Mike. You can reach him at mike@jaycenjoshua.com

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Jaycen, it really changed my way of thinking about my situation. Is there any particular reason why you would choose the HD820 instead of the HD800S?

Also, did you ever try the Audeze MM-500?

Regarding speakers, if I would save up so I had a budget around 3000Euro, what speakers (+woofer?) would you recommend?

Thanks