How to get -1, -2 in Shadow Hills?

Hi Comuninty, Generally when I use the shadow hills my drums are hitting -2, -3 in the optical meter, but if I turn down the volume of the drums it continues hitting that level. And I don’t find another way to get -1 than moving knobs in the shadow hills, im afraid that’s not the correct way because Im loosing the set and forget on the plug in. Any other way to achieve -1 if Im hitting -3?
Thanks!!

I think you might have the shadow hills on the actual audio track with the drums. You need to put it on an aux track and then send the drums to that aux. you can then control the amount of volume going into it. Also clip gaining the audio file itself works :slight_smile:

Yeah the clip gain on the regions could also be too high, which can be the main source of improper gain staging. But if you want to keep the balance that the mix you already have, you’ll have to change the clip gain for all of the tracks. I think it would be a good idea to start there, make sure your routing is correct and then check your plug-ins to see if there’s any unwanted level being added. Pray you have success!